Logging Operation Supervisor
Meraki acknowledges that Indigenous peoples and communities have a unique connection to the firsts, land and water and a strong desire to retain their culture, values and traditional practices.
About Fall River Logging
As part of the Meraki Family, Fall River Logging continues to grow and expand, offering customers access to a greater number of services with the same great care. We’re still family-oriented and employee-focused, and we’re proud of the team we’ve built over the past decade.
With our exciting projects in Comox Valley and surrounding areas, Fall River Logging continues to set the standard for reliability and professionalism in harvesting and forestry road construction. We pride ourselves on keeping our commitments, and that’s why, no matter the size or scope of a project, we can help every step of the way with expertise, professionalism, and sincerity.
For more information about our organization, please visit our website by clicking here.
About The Opportunity
Fall River Logging is growing! We are currently looking for Logging Operation Supervisor to join our team in Port Alberni, BC.
This is a unique opportunity to live and work in one of the most sought-after communities in the province.
Your tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising day-to-day on-site tasks while ensuring that direct reports follow our best practices
- Planning and scheduling shifts for the crew
- Assigning and organizing blocks, phases, and harvesting plans, including production targets
- Ensuring all processes meet the municipal, customer, and Fall River’s safety and environmental standards
- Submitting and tracking weekly reports that include production of all phases, log quality, target forecasts, resourcing needs, and waste
- Working with Operations Manager to ensure that customer requirements are met with regard to safety, quality control, environmental impact, and other contract agreements
- Managing the responsible use and care of company vehicles and equipment
- Working with Maintenance Manager to ensure all equipment are functioning properly
- Understanding and implementing the Company’s Safety Management System within your area of responsibility
- Hosting and documenting safety meetings with crew
- Instructing staff on safety, recognize unsafe work conditions and modify work procedures
To qualify, you must have at least 5 years of operational logging experience, combined with at least 2 years working in a supervisory capacity. Experience in steep slope, cable yarding / cable-assisted harvesting, and coastal logging will all be considered valuable assets for this role.
As a valued lead of the Fall River Logging team, we are looking for motivated individuals with proven leadership experience as well as excellent ability in planning, reporting, and delivering production results. Your expertise in the industry will be crucial in creating an environment that motivates your direct supports in all aspects of productivity, teamwork, and strict safety guidelines.
Lastly, you will join us with efficient time management skills, a safety-focused mindset, and exceptional adaptability to varying and rugged outdoor elements.
About The Benefits
As a valued member of our team, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive annual salary, evaluated on skills and experience, along with:
- Annual bonus on top of salary
- Extended health, vision, and dental benefits
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Employer-paid pension plan
- Paid vacation
- Access to a pickup truck
- Free on-site gym for employees
- Discounts on automotive service and parts for personal needs
- The opportunity to work on exciting projects with a tight-knit and safety-oriented team
- Choose to live and work in either Courtenay, Campbell River, or Port Alberni
- And many more!
Give a damn. Get it done. Be real. These are three uncompromising values that you will be welcomed in upon joining!
If you share our values and have the skills necessary to succeed in this role, apply now!