Lead Transport Truck Mechanic
Meraki acknowledges that Indigenous peoples and communities have a unique connection to the firsts, land and water and a strong desire to retain their culture, values and traditional practices.
K&D Logging’s goal is to hire team members that will contribute to our shop work environments. We are seeking an individual who is mechanically inclined, self-motivated, and detail-oriented with strong initiative to take on a wide variety of tasks. These shops are very busy; someone with good attendance and work ethic is needed.
- BC Class 5 Drivers licence or provincial equivalent
- Must hold a valid Truck and Transport Mechanic Red Seal Certificate
- Minimum 5 years experience working on transport trucks
- Able to operate a mobile service truck when required
- Must work in a safe and efficient manner
- CVSE inspection experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform scheduled maintenance repairs in a shop environment.
- Review work orders and discuss work to be performed with the supervisor.
- Keep up-to-date on technology and upgrading skills as required.
- Accurately enter and update information in the Maintenance software system.
- Responsibilities and authority specifically related to quality.
- Ensure maintenance and repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- May be required to operate a mobile service truck when and as required
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, customers, and service managers
Benefits of working with K&D Logging:
- Year-round full-time work
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits and Pension Plan
- Continuous On the Job Training
- Safe Work Environment
- High quality equipment to work with
- Work in the town of Fort St. James. BC