Meraki acknowledges that Indigenous peoples and communities have a unique connection to the firsts, land and water and a strong desire to retain their culture, values and traditional practices.
KDL Resource Management offers Forestry and other consulting services in Northern British Columbia. Our clients include Government, Industry, and Indigenous groups. We aim to offer a challenging and rewarding career experience in a respectful, safe, and healthy work environment.
We are looking to fill a full-time timber cruiser position; this position will be primarily camp based with Monday – Friday shifts. If there are no current timber cruising projects, duties will shift to assist other field crews on forestry development work.
Note: the KDL Forestry work projects are located throughout northern BC and may require camp shifts.
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Timber cruising
- Road and block layout
- Stream and Riparian classification
- Ecological Data collection
- Timber reconnaissance
- Field crew training and supervision
- Bark beetle probing and surveys
- 3 years plus of timber cruising experience
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required
- Post-Secondary education in the natural sciences and/or technical forestry is preferred
- Must be registered and in good standing with the ABCFP
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to travel and work in an outdoor environment in remote locations
- Able to work cooperatively in a team, but also independently with little supervision
- Physically fit to endure the rigors of full-time fieldwork in all conditions
- Safe work mindset is required
- Full Time work in a Safe Work Environment
- Flexible shift arrangements
- Competitive Total Compensation Package
- On-going Professional Mentoring and Training
- Working in a larger professional group with exposure to a broader forestry and operational logging context
- Diverse range of Industrial, Indigenous, Government, and bio-energy sector clients
- Progressive and innovative company
KDL Resource Management is made up of a team of passionate and dedicated forestry professionals. We believe that the future of forestry needs ethical, sustainable, and modern solutions. It also needs talented individuals like yourself. We treat you like family, and in our industry, there’s an endless stream of opportunities waiting for you.