Meraki acknowledges that Indigenous peoples and communities have a unique connection to the firsts, land and water and a strong desire to retain their culture, values and traditional practices.
KDL Resource Management offers Forestry and other consulting services in Northern British Columbia. Our clients include Government, Industry, and Indigenous groups. We aim to offer a challenging and rewarding career experience in a respectful, safe, and healthy work environment.
We are looking to fill a full-time position that is field-based with limited office work. The successful candidate will assist our current team of professionals in conducting and participating in plantation quality control and silviculture assessments.
Note: The KDL silviculture work projects are located through northern BC and will require camp shifts.
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Participate in silviculture activities such as grass seeding, recces, regeneration and free growing surveys
- Assess and ensure tree planting quality control as per specified by prescription and overall quality standards
- Compile field data and compose survey reports
- Inspect contractor in regard to health and safety compliance and proper handling of seedling stock
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required
- Previous tree planting, pay plotting, or silviculture survey experience preferred
- Post-Secondary education in the natural sciences and/or technical forestry is preferred
- Accredited Silviculture Surveyor certification will be considered an asset
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to travel and work in an outdoor environment in remote locations
- Able to work cooperatively in a team, but also independently with little supervision
- Physically fit to endure the rigors of full-time fieldwork in all conditions
- Safe work mindset is required
- Ability to compile data and process basic statistical analysis
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills (field note taking)
- Familiar in the use of field equipment (GPS, compass, plot cord and shovel, radio, InReach)
- Basic computer skills including accurate data entry
- Full Time work in a Safe Work Environment
- Competitive Total Compensation Package
- On-going Professional Mentoring and Training
- Working in a larger professional group with exposure to a broader forestry and operational logging context
- Diverse range of Industrial, Indigenous, Government, and bio-energy sector clients
- Progressive and innovative company
KDL Resource Management is made up of a team of passionate and dedicated forestry professionals. We believe that the future of forestry needs ethical, sustainable, and modern solutions. It also needs talented individuals like yourself. We treat you like family, and in our industry, there’s an endless stream of opportunities waiting for you.