Meraki acknowledges that Indigenous peoples and communities have a unique connection to the firsts, land and water and a strong desire to retain their culture, values and traditional practices.
K&D Logging is looking for a Receptionist to join their team, working from their Corporate office in Fort St James.
Operating for over 45 years, K&D Logging is an industry leader in forestry and harvesting. In addition to our logging services, we also provide road construction, forest management, and trucking services to our customers. K&D Logging is the flagship company of what is now known as Meraki Resources, the number one choice for resource management in the province. Based out of Fort St. James, K&D has remained committed to preserving our local character and dedication to community and people. At K&D, we believe in long-term growth and opportunity for everyone on our team. When you work here, you’re considered family, and we’ll do everything we can to help you build the career you want.
A day in the life of the Receptionist:
As K&D’s Administrative Assistant/Receptionist, you will take ownership of the front desk and office supporting functions including reception, filing, and data entry. As a part of the Finance team and reporting to the Controller, you will also play a key role in supporting our accounts payable and subcontractor pay processes. With your positive attitude and experience in an office setting, you’ll seamlessly integrate into the K&D team. As a natural problem solver, you will identify issues and propose solutions, leveraging your strong communication skills to build collaborative working relationships and deliver proactive office administration services. In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to grow with the team and with a demonstrated willingness to learn, you’ll be enabled to take on new challenges. To excel in this position, you’ll take the initiative to identify the tasks that add value to your role while contributing to K&D’s overall success. The successful candidate will embody K&D’s values of Give a Damn, Get It Done and Be Real.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Greeting visitors in a professional, courteous manner
- Answering all incoming calls and directing them as required
- Data entry focused on supporting accounts payable and load slip reconciliation
- Timely and accurate processing of payment documents and other accounting transactions related to A/P management
- Maintaining accounts payable ledgers, credit balances, and account irregularities
- Maintain & order all office supplies
- Driving for various errands including load slips, mail and office supply pickup
- Assist with coordination of office events and catering
- General office administration and filing
- Administrative support and other duties as necessary
Experience & Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration, Accounting or other related field is considered an asset
- Proven time management skills and a high level of reliability
- Takes pride over work and shows attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Active problem solver able to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision
- High level of proficiency in MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Valid BC driver’s license
- Competitive compensation, flexible holidays and personal time off
- Great and safe work environment
- Professional development and upward career mobility
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that w equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.