Project Forester/ Technologist
Meraki acknowledges that Indigenous peoples and communities have a unique connection to the firsts, land and water and a strong desire to retain their culture, values and traditional practices.
KDL Resource Management offers Forestry and other consulting services in Northern British Columbia. Our clients include Government, Industry, and Indigenous groups. We aim to offer a challenging and rewarding career experience in a respectful, safe, and healthy work environment.
Currently, we are seeking a Professional Forester or Technologist with experience in, but not limited to, forestry project management and supervision, forest ecology and site plans, higher-level plans, forest operations, tenure management, and administration, and Indigenous engagement. As an analytical thinker and effective communicator, you plan, organize and coordinate a range of projects and activities to achieve client goals. Typical responsibilities of the Planning Forester include:
- Client and subcontractor liaison;
- Tenure administration support services and operational plan development including management plans, forest stewardship plans, and site plans;
- Professional forestry advice and direction;
- Field work and site visits for the purpose of practicing forestry;
- Project work plan development, budgeting, and resourcing;
- Timber development coordination from reconnaissance to cutting permit and road permit applications;
- Submission of milestone and activity completion updates to RESULTS; and
- Other matters related to professional forestry.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required
- Post-Secondary education in the natural sciences and/or technical forestry
- Must be registered and in good standing with ABCFP
- 3 years plus of previous experience in related work
- Proven Supervisory skills in related field
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to travel and work in an outdoor environment in remote locations
- Physically fit to endure the rigors of full-time fieldwork in all conditions
- Safe work mindset is required
- Full Time work in a Safe Work Environment
- Competitive Total Compensation Package
- On-going Professional Mentoring and Training
- Working in the context of a larger professional group within a broader forestry and operational logging context.
- Great company owned camp facilities.
- Diverse range of Indigenous clients, industry, governments, and bio-energy sector clients.
- Progressive and innovative company
KDL Resource Management is made up of a team of passionate and dedicated forestry professionals. We believe that the future of forestry needs ethical, sustainable, and modern solutions. It also needs talented individuals like yourself. We treat you like family, and in our industry, there’s an endless stream of opportunities waiting for you.