Logging Truck Driver
Meraki acknowledges that Indigenous peoples and communities have a unique connection to the firsts, land and water and a strong desire to retain their culture, values and traditional practices.
Tsayta Trucking, a Meraki Resources Company is currently looking for an experienced Log Hauling Truck Driver. As a Log Hauling Truck Driver you will have the knowledge and will comply with all driver regulations. This is primarily field based position with limited office work and camp stay and overtime hours may be required.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for securing and hauling logs
- Required to follow laws, regulations, and company policy.
- Drivers must perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Drivers must know and understand logging regulations and record all hours on a daily driver log.
- Must ensure logs are secured in a manner that will prevent the logs from falling out of the vehicle.
- Must not drive vehicles that are unsafe or in a condition likely to break down or cause an accident.
Our ‘Must Haves’ that make you great
To be successful in this role, you will have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- A valid class 1 drivers license.
- A clean driver abstract and criminal record
- A valid OFA Level 3 First Aid Certificate is preferred
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to travel and work in an outdoor environment in remote locations
- Able to work cooperatively in a team, but also independently with little supervision
- Physically fit to endure the rigors of full-time fieldwork in all conditions
- Safe work mindset is required
- Accountable and dependable
- Efficient time management
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Multitasking skills
- Analytical as well as problem solving skills an asset
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor
- Work as a team player
- Able to be flexible in work demands
- Work in a fast paced environment
- To lift up to 25 lbs. on a daily basis
- Adhere to Meraki Resources Safety Program
- A Safe Work Environment
- Competitive Wages for quality work in a high volume and demanding environment
- High quality equipment to work with
- Great company owned camp facilities
- Transportation provided to off site work locations
- Shift schedule can vary depending on operations and personal preference.
- Diverse range of industrial, Indigenous clients, governments, and bio-energy sector clients
- Progressive and innovative company