Meraki acknowledges that Indigenous peoples and communities have a unique connection to the firsts, land and water and a strong desire to retain their culture, values and traditional practices.
K&D Logging is looking for an HR Administrator to join their team, working from their Corporate
office in Fort St James.
Operating for over 45 years, K&D Logging is an industry leader in forestry and harvesting. In addition to our logging services, we also provide road construction, forest management, and trucking services to our customers. K&D Logging is the flagship company of what is now known as Meraki Resources, the number one choice for resource management in the province. Based out of Fort St. James, K&D has remained committed to preserving our local character and dedication to community and people. At K&D, we believe in long-term growth and opportunity for everyone on our team. When you work here, you’re considered family, and we’ll do everything we can to help you build the career you want.
A day in the life of the HR Administrator – what you will do:
As K&D’s HR Administrator, you will provide recruitment, safety and office administration support for our finance and operations teams, leveraging our existing and future software systems. With your strong communication skills and team approach, you will work closely with our operations managers to screen candidates and perform reference checking over the phone. As a natural problem solver and quick learner, you will quickly gain an understanding of the operational needs within your role, identify issues and propose solutions to deliver proactive administration services. In this position, you will have the opportunity to grow with the team and with a demonstrated willingness to learn, you’ll be enabled to take on new challenges. To excel in this position, you’ll take the initiative to identify the tasks that add value to your role while contributing to K&D’s overall success. The successful candidate will embody K&D’s values of Give a Damn, Get It Done and Be Real.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Posting and monitoring recruitment job ads on various sites as required
- Working with operations managers to review, screen and follow up with applicants
- Maintaining an applicant tracker for all candidates and postings
- Phone screening candidates and reference checking
- Preparing regular summarized reports of job ads and applicants’ status
- Maintaining safety files and upholding the digital management system of safety documents
- Preparing weekly and monthly safety reporting for management
- Assisting with the rollout and implementation of a digital safety management system
- Preparing and overseeing safety training for new hires
- Supporting our Joint Health & Safety Committee meetings with document preparation
- Assisting with the creation of online safety training presentations
- General office administration and filing
- Administrative support and other duties as necessary
- Experience & Qualifications
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration, Accounting or other related field is considered an asset
- Minimum 2-3 years previous experience in an office environment
- Takes pride over work and shows a high attention to detail and degree of accuracy
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Active problem solver able to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision
- High level of proficiency in MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, with ability to learn and excel using new software systems
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Valid BC driver’s license
- Competitive compensation, flexible holidays and personal time off
- Great and safe work environment
- Professional development and upward career mobility
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.