Field Supervisor in Fort St. James
Meraki acknowledges that Indigenous peoples and communities have a unique connection to the firsts, land and water and a strong desire to retain their culture, values and traditional practices.
KDL Resource Management offers Forestry and other consulting services in Northern British Columbia. Our clients include Government, Industry, and Indigenous groups. We aim to offer a challenging and rewarding career experience in a respectful, safe, and healthy work environment.
We are looking to fill a full-time field supervisor position that is field based and hands-on with limited office work. Duties will include managing a crew of 2-6 people in the field, ensuring work is completed safely and effectively, and project details are communicated back to the office or client. The successful candidate will assist our current team of professionals with carrying out a broad array of forestry and natural resource-based projects.
Note: the KDL Forestry work projects are located throughout northern BC and may require camp shifts.
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Crew supervision and training
- Road and block layout
- Data management and client communication
- Stream and riparian classification
- Timber reconnaissance
- Timber cruising
- Ecological Data collection
- Generating reports at project milestones
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required
- 2 years or more of previous experience in related work
- Post-Secondary education in the natural sciences and/or technical forestry is preferred
- Registration with the ABCFP is an asset
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to travel and work in an outdoor environment in remote locations
- Able to work cooperatively in a team, but also independently with little supervision
- Physically fit to endure the rigors of full-time fieldwork in all conditions
- Safe work mindset is required
- Full Time work in a Safe Work Environment
- Competitive Total Compensation Package
- On-going Professional Mentoring and Training
- Working in a larger professional group with exposure to a broader forestry and operational logging context
- Diverse range of Industrial, Indigenous, Government, and bio-energy sector clients
- Progressive and innovative company
KDL Resource Management is made up of a team of passionate and dedicated forestry professionals. We believe that the future of forestry needs ethical, sustainable, and modern solutions. It also needs talented individuals like yourself. We treat you like family, and in our industry, there’s an endless stream of opportunities waiting for you.