Meraki acknowledges that Indigenous peoples and communities have a unique connection to the firsts, land and water and a strong desire to retain their culture, values and traditional practices.
K&D Logging is looking for a Controller to join their team, working from their Corporate office in Fort St James.
Operating for over 45 years, K&D Logging is an industry leader in forestry and harvesting. In addition to our logging services, we also provide road construction, forest management, and trucking services to our customers. K&D Logging is the flagship company of what is now known as Meraki Resources, the number one choice for resource management in the province. Based out of Fort St. James, K&D has remained committed to preserving our local character and dedication to community and people. At K&D, we believe in long-term growth and opportunity for everyone on our team. When you work here, you’re considered family, and we’ll do everything we can to help you build the career you want.
A day in the life of the Controller – what you will do:
As K&D’s Controller, you will assist the Corporate Controller while partnering with the CFO and GM of K&D Logging on strategic direction. You will oversee the day to day accounting functions and financial reporting processes. With your strong technical background, you will be responsible for the preparation of account reconciliations, equipment tracking, job cost reporting, and required tax filings. Working with the Corporate Controller, you will play a key role in supporting the month end closing process. With your natural leadership skills, you will provide strong mentorship to the K&D administrative team of eight and build collaborative working relationships between operations and finance. To excel in this position, you will need to embody a positive attitude, willingness to learn and ability to problem solve as you assist in overseeing the financial response to a dynamic operation. With your comfort using technology and implementing system changes, you will play a key role in identifying opportunities for improvements and efficiencies within current processes across the business. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn about the full scope of the business and directly impact change at a fast pace. Through this position, you will have the opportunity to grow your skills as a manager and be the successor to the Corporate Controller. The successful candidate will embody K&D’s values of Give a Damn, Get It Done and Be Real.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Management of key account reconciliations with additional work required around month end
- Assist in the preparation of GAAP financial statements, forecasts and budgeting
- Development of key metric reporting including equipment and job costing
- Oversee the maintenance and adherence to administrative processes and accounting policies
- New process development and implementation focused on driving efficiency
- Provide additional ad hoc financial analysis as required
- Assist with preparation of fiscal year end reviewed statements
- Contribute to the continuous development of a diligent, hardworking and fun admin team
- Additional duties support as required
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years post CPA accreditation
- Viewpoint by Vista ERP system experience an asset and become the Vista super user
- Highly proficient in Excel, Spreadsheet Server, Office 365 including Sharepoint
- Strong financial reporting background including ASPE, IFRS and consolidation
- Proven track record as a strong manager and leader
- Strong background in equipment and job cost reporting, dashboard and KPI development
- Change implementation experience considered an asset
- Positive team attitude and ability to bring out the best in those around you
- Active problem solver able to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Competitive compensation, flexible holidays and personal time off
- Great and safe work environment
- Professional development and upward career mobility
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that w equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.