Meraki acknowledges that Indigenous peoples and communities have a unique connection to the firsts, land and water and a strong desire to retain their culture, values and traditional practices.
Bluepoint Construction Limited is currently recruiting for a Controller to join our team at our downtown offices in Kelowna, BC. This is a full-time position starting immediately.
Bluepoint Construction provides civil construction services and is part of Meraki Resources. Meraki Resources is a group of companies whom have combined logging, civil construction, and forest management into a 40-year SUCCESS story in some of British Columbia’s most beautiful areas, including Fort St. James, Courtenay, Prince George, and Kelowna.
The ideal candidate should have strong analytical, technology, communication and organizational skills. Experience within the civil construction industry is highly desirable. The Controller is responsible for managing all aspects of full cycle accounting, including financial statements, cost accounting, reconciliations, receivables & payables, and payroll. An important part of the job centers on management reporting, including the ability to analyze complex results and effectively communicate key financial and business insights to ownership and operations.
This role offers excellent growth opportunities and the chance to build out new systems, processes and automation to enhance business productivity. At Bluepoint, we value community, ingenuity, and creativity. If you are looking to be part of a growing company with a successful reputation based on strong core values, then we would love to hear from you.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Preparing and consolidating financial statements
- Establishing and maintaining internal controls
- Managing all aspects of the general ledger
- FP&A, including monthly, quarterly and year-end analysis, KPI reporting, & commentary
- Coordinating or assisting with the budget process
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with GAAP
- Analyzing and reporting cost variances
- Serving as a liaison to external auditors
- Account reconciliations
- Supervising general accounting team
- Vista One ERP enhancements as required
Experience & Qualifications
- CPA designation
- Prior experience using ERP systems
- Prior experience with ERP implementation highly desirable
- Experience with Vista by Viewpoint highly desirable
- Experience with corporate reporting and dashboard preparation
- Financial statement preparation, with full cycle accounting experience
- Experience in cost accounting, including allocations and reporting
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of key issues surrounding the civil construction industry
Did we pique your interest? Then call us at our number (250) 996-8032 / fax (250) 996-8742 or email your resume including cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Controller – Kelowna”