Administrative/ Health & Safety Coordinator
Meraki acknowledges that Indigenous peoples and communities have a unique connection to the firsts, land and water and a strong desire to retain their culture, values and traditional practices.
KDL Resource Management offers Forestry and other consulting services in Northern British Columbia. Our clients include Government, Industry, and Indigenous groups. We aim to offer a challenging and rewarding career experience in a respectful, safe, and healthy work environment.
Currently, the Prince George division is seeking an Administrative Assistant/ Health and Safety Coordinator with experience in, but not limited to, office administration (phones, data-entry, payroll), Contract Administration (submissions, reports, coordination), and Safety management (policies, meetings, audits/inspections, data tracking). A successful candidate will be organized, flexible, focused, and show exceptional attention to detail. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Answering phones and responding to general questions from the public, clients, and other KDL divisions or Meraki companies.
- Coordinating maintenance of KDL vehicles, equipment, and supplies.
- Payroll and time-card review (training will be available).
- Contract Admin (applications, training-requirements, review and submissions)
- Assist in developing and communicating Safety policies and procedures across all three KDLRM divisions.
- Participate with the JHSC (Joint Health and Safety Committee) including meeting prep and minutes.
- Use tracking tools to monitor the safety of workers in the field.
- Record and analyze Hazard and Close call reports; help with accident investigations and follow-up
- Create and maintain Safety stats and KPI (Key Performance Indicator) reports and Hazard alerts
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft products (Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Post-Secondary education is preferred
- 2 years plus of previous experience in related work is preferred
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with WorksafeBC, SAFE© and/or ISNET Certifications is beneficial.
- Full Time work in a Safe Work Environment
- Competitive Total Compensation Package
- On-going Professional Mentoring and Training
- Diverse range of Indigenous clients, industry, governments, and bio-energy sector clients.
- Progressive and innovative company